Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blog Four

In my blog this week I will talk about the concept of fair use. The concept of fair use has been around since the inception of the copyright, This was long before digital file sharing or even the photocopier. Fair use can have many applications. Fair use for nonprofit educational purposes means that teachers can use copyrighted materials in their classroom, but they still have to accurately credit the material and in some cases pay for it.For educational purposes I think that fair use should be executed.

One of the main sites I found with images for use with alternative copyrights is

CreativeCommons.org

This site offers a wide range of options. Creative Commons provides free tools that let authors, scientists, artists, and educators easily mark their creative work with the freedoms they want it to carry. You can use CC to change your copyright terms from "All Rights Reserved" to "Some Rights Reserved." I think this is a popular method especially with the advancement of technology and the Internet.

I commented on Todd's Blog
I commented on Jeff's Blog

1 comment:

Scott Connor said...

I think that is a pretty cool site. The ability to create a unique copyright for your web material is something more people should take advantage of.